Babu Owino: Why I Hid Sankok’s Crutches

Embakasi East Member of Parliament Babu Owino has come out to explain why he hid Nominated MP David Ole Sankok’s crutches.

Babu hid Sankok’s crutches during the Parliament’s Wednesday special sitting as the house was debating on the controversial political amendment bill.

Through a tweet, the lawmaker said that he hid the crutches out of fear that Tangatanga lawmakers could have used them as weapons.

“Tangatanga MPs were debating with emotions.They could have used Hon. Sonkok crutches as a weapon to unleash violence on us, I saw it prudent to hide them until they cool down,” he said through a tweet.

His reason was however not convincing to netizens as indicated below.

“Kijana nowadays ukona upusi mingi why should you do that ka Akili yako iko poa. Respect other Kenyans,” Mtemi Benja responded.

“The joke you have towards the disabled, bibi yako atakuzalia mmoja,” Shock davies said.

“What’s the difference between you and a baby class child? after being in university for 16years? nonsense,” Victor Kwokon wrote.

During the Wednesday sitting, the house proceedings were brought to a standstill after Sankok complained that his crutches were missing.

It was established that Babu was the one who had taken them with the speaker, Moses Cheboi, demanding that he apologizes to the house for his actions.

The lawmaker offered his apologies saying that he took the crutches because Sankok was not using them then.

His actions were condemned by Kenyans in general with some bringing up the issue with DJ Evolve.

RELATED STORY: Netizens React After Babu Owino Hid Fellow MP’s ‘Legs’ During A Heated Debate In Parliament

 

 

 

Most Read

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Stay updated with our latest news and exclusive content.

Follow Us

Share this post

Recommended reads

Raymond Ndunga is a lawyer and previously aspired to be governor of Nairobi City County government. In the

Wiper party leader Kalonzo Musyoka is hopeful that his wife Pauline will one day recover from her ailment

Chrispus Mwinzi Peter, who allegedly sent intimate images and videos of Caroline Wavinya Musyimi to a third party,

Walter Buchanan, a 66-year-old Scottish man, has been sentenced to life in prison for the brutal murder of